meta name="p:domain_verify" content="fa6760a306001d6f6e56989f42abf806"/> pride and joyce: Moroccan Oil Dupe

pin it

Thursday 10 October 2013

Moroccan Oil Dupe

left- original, right- dupe
Moroccan oil is the widely heralded hero of the hair world. It tames, de-frizzes and adds shine to brittle lack lustre hair. Sounds like a god-send doesn't it? Unfortunately, quality costs money (most of the time) and and excess of money is one thing I sure ain't got. With the original Moroccan oil racking in at the hefty price of anywhere from $20-$50 dollars, it causes me almost physical pain every time I finish up yet another bottle.

Never fear, budget friendly Aldi is here!

But how does the bank balance friendly $7 dupe compare, quality wise? First the differences

  • The bottle is significantly smaller (200ml vs 100ml) and packaged in plastic, unlike the original's snazzy glass.
  • The product itself is a little colour. The original is a rich amber, whilst aldi's version is  bears more resemblance to that of cooking oils. 
  • The dupe has a considerably weaker scent.
Now for the similarities. They both absorb into hair equally well, leaving no slippery residue on your hands. They both, fundamentally do the same job, albeit one a little less effectively that then other. 

The verdict?

A good alternative option if you're a bit hard for cash but that pesky old saying money for value is probably true I'm afraid (in this case at least). 

Have you tried either of these moroccan oils, how did you find them?

3 comments:

  1. Wow, thanks for sharing! I never knew aldi has this. I've thought of trying the original before, the its kinda pricey so I let it cross my mind. I definitely have to pick this up at my local aldi when I go there next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to look in the aldi stores in england for this x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!